Russian market reviews
LearnEnglishBest / Приколы / Funny and Interesting Facts - Забавные и интересные факты
Funny and Interesting Facts - Забавные и интересные факты
Поделиться ссылкой на эту страницу в любимой соцсети:
Отправить ссылку на эту страницу друзьям | Просмотров 3933 | Добавить страницу в избранное
- Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
- Every person has a unique tongue print as well as fingerprints.
- 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
- During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small red car can be seen in the distance.
- Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
- Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
- (removed, duplicated)
- Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear any pants.
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
- Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
- Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
- Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
- There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan, there was never a recorded Wendy before!
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and silver!
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors.
- A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
- The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
- The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
- Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a space suit damages them.
- The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.
- Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
- Of all the words in the English language, the word ’set’ has the most definitions!
- What is called a "French kiss" in the English speaking world is known as an "English kiss" in France.
- "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
- "Rhythm" is the longest English word without a vowel.
- In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
- A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath
- There is a city called Rome on every continent.
- It’s against the law to have a pet dog in Iceland.
- Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
- Horatio Nelson, one of England’s most illustrious admirals was throughout his life, never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.
- The skeleton of Jeremy Bentham is present at all important meetings of the University of London
- Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people
- Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, everytime you breathe!
- The elephant is the only mammal that can’t jump!
- One quarter of the bones in your body, are in your feet!
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different!
- The first known transfusion of blood was performed as early as 1667, when Jean-Baptiste, transfused two pints of blood from a sheep to a young man
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!
- Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
- The present population of 5 billion plus people of the world is predicted to become 15 billion by 2080.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian, and had only ONE testicle.
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."
- Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.
- On average a hedgehog’s heart beats 300 times a minute.
- More people are killed each year from bees than from snakes.
- The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.
- More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
- Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
- The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its’ heads enables it to see all four feet at all times!
- The six official languages of the United Nations are: English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish.
- Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
- It’s against the law to burp, or sneeze in a church in Nebraska, USA.
- You’re born with 300 bones, but by the time you become an adult, you only have 206.
- Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food!
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
- The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old!
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds
- Queen Elizabeth I regarded herself as a paragon of cleanliness. She declared that she bathed once every three months, whether she needed it or not
- Slugs have 4 noses.
- Owls are the only birds who can see the colour blue.
- A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years!
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!
- The average person laughs 10 times a day!
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
- The human heart! creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
- A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
- A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death!
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour
- The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
- The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.
- The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
- Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
- A cat's urine glows under a black light.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- Starfish have no brains.
- Polar bears are left-handed.
- Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
Англо-русский словарь онлайн
5 тестов скорости!
Will It Blend? - iPad